Tuesday, January 11, 2011

teeth

blah. around 850 calories today. oh joy. 119 here i come. i need to be better about all this stuff. ughh. and to top it off i have heart burn. yes.

me and mandagin are attempting ABC. but were both eahh... a little off track. haha.

kat not jas, thanks for you comment. :) 1,000 isnt even that bad. :P

skeleton strong i love your comments, they are always sincere and i really enjoy your long comments. its wonderful. :) and im waiting for my tooth to stop hurting. haha


i wanna do p90x. anyone done it? good results? i need to mix up my routine. im getting bored. my body is getting used to what i do. but i have to do a video. i cant just like, sit and do sits up, or run for no reason. i need motivation. any good videos?


tomorrow i have to give my first ever speech in english class. oh boy. its a simple topic cause its our first one. its a "how to" speech. so i have to demonstrate how to do something of my choice. im gonna do how to brush your teeth. :) and i need to explain it for 5-7 minutes lol.
theres totally a lot of steps. like you gotta floss first, then brush then rinse. i'll give you a taste of it my speech at the bottom. instead of showing them how to floss, i had my little sister take pictures of me flossing so that i can just show them the pictures.

i had braces for three years. my teeth are the only thing about my body that im not self conscious about. i love my teeth. so here is how to floss. lol. i look a little silly but im demonstrating. :3


how to floss:

a. Wind about 18 inches of floss (or to be less exact about an arm’s length) around your two middle fingers

b. Glide the floss between the teeth gently, all the way to the gum line.

c. Curve the floss around each tooth to clean as much of the tooth’s surface as possible, be sure to use caution when working this close to the gum line.

d. Move the floss smoothly up and down to remove plaque and debris

e. As you move from tooth to tooth be sure to use a fresh section of floss each time

how to brush:

1. Start with back-and-forth motions on your upper back molars, concentration on the outside surface of the teeth

a. The side you start on doesn’t matter, my preference is my right upper molars

2. Using this back-and-forth motion move from the upper right molars to the opposite upper left molars, brushing all the teeth you pass as you move.

3. Move from the top outside molars to the lower outside surface of the bottom molars and moving to the other side of the mouth cleaning all the bottom teeth as you go

4. Move your brush parallel to your gum line, applying slight pressure, brush in a circular motion for around 10 seconds

5. Then roll the brush strokes away from the gum line in a sweeping motion.

6. Move to the insides of the teeth using back-and-forth motions, and the circular motions (as best as you can) being sure to bush the insides of all your teeth

7. Since you can’t easily do a circular or back-and-forth motion on the inside of your front upper and lower teeth we need to use a flicking motion of the brush to clean them

a. Take the tip of the brush and use a downward flicking motion to celan the front inside teeth.

b. Do the same for the lower, but the flicking motion will go upward.

8. Now we brush the biting, or eating surface of the upera nd lower pre molars and molars, using a medium to hard pressure and back-and-forth motions

9. Finally gently brush your tongue and the insides of your checks with small motions to ensure all the plaque is gone.

a. We get bad breath from the germs on our tongues

TADAAAAAHHHH. THE END. :)
now go brush your teeth the right way.
haha.

i have to finish home work and go to bed. tomorrow will be better. :)
night ladies.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the english speech! I've been searching for this CD I used to have, so I could send you this song--a friend gave it to me and there was a track on it all about brushing your teeth and flossing. And it's rap, so the whole song sounds hysterical. I'll keep looking!

    And I think I've been brushing and flossing wrong for most of my life, after reading your instructions. :D Ah well... I get my teeth from the English side of the family--good strong teeth, that will never look attractive no matter how much money my parents poured into orthodontics.

    Lilah Lee does that P90X thing a lot; she talks about it on her blog:
    http://confusedednosgirl.blogspot.com/


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. p90x cardio and plyometrics are pretty fun, but the rest is just about getting buff lol.

    i want something with a little MORE cardio though. like something with dance. a little fun even :)

    i'll see if i can find something then hint you to it.

    and maaaaan, we got this. idk what was up with yesterday, but we got it now. (: woo here we come.

    brushing your teeth! - greatness!

    be strong, girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete